Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Weight Loss Journey...lets get started

Well it has been a while since I blogged. Either because I've been busy or just didn't have anything to talk about. I've been trying to blog about this topic for the past two weeks but I was busy one week and last week my cousin had it cause he had a report to do.

Ok enough about that let's get started. Today is Monday February 6, 2012...today I made a sound decision to start my weight loss journey. To be honest, I was gonna push it back to next week because I was gonna go to Wal-mart yesterday to buy a few things to get started for at least two weeks but it was my mother's birthday and plus I was in church all day and it was the Super Bowl weekend of course. I went to Red Lobster with my mother, grandmother and aunt and it got too late so I ended up not going. I was like " Well I'm not prepared" so I'll just push it back till next week...the I was like "No...cause if I push it back this time then I just keep pushing it back and then I won't do it." So even though I didn't go to the store yet I am still starting.

This week will start off with me drinking more water....since I don't drink much of it like i should I will be taking it slow. This is what this journey is all about right??? Taking small gradual steps towards a lifestyle change so this week will be me drinking water. This week will be after every meal because right now I am still used to drinking juice....I am not really for sodas like that I would only drink it when there nothing else in the house to drink so right now I am just trying to take it one day at a time.

The next week will be me adding more water to my schedule and also cutting out sweets...which will certianly be a challege because I have a sweet tooth. I like cookies mainly above all things. So the only thing I know of is go for fruit. From memory I believe I haven't eaten my favorite grandma cookies for maybe two weeks I think. So when I do get a craving for a cookie I've been eating strawberry fig newtons to satisfy my want for a cookie.

As far like lunch and dinner I've been eating salads and also trying to cut out going fast food and eating more home cooked meals than processed. I don't cook often that's my husbands passion. So I am trying to take things little by little. So This is what I have so far. I will be doing updates as far as what I doing with my weight loss journey. I am focusing right now on eating healthier and "drinking" healthier. This will not be easy but I will not give up and I have so many things to consider now that I am getting older.

I also have three lovely ladies on youtube that I watch to keep me motivated...which is MakeupGeek, Beautifulbrnbabydol and DivaSlimsDown...who has been my biggest inspiration....all these women has lost over 100 pounds and looks great. My goal right now is to lose 60 pounds for now i have my husband, and my mother to hold me accountable and most of all I have the Lord on my side.

The next thing I need help on is eating healthy when I'm out of town lol....


Please pray for me...Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment