Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rollersetting Challenge

As I stated in the last blog post about my hair update my goal was to stay away from using direct heat like the flat iron and curlers as possible and after reading Ebony's from Longing 4 Length blog about her roller setting challenge and roller setting tips and also other alternatives to roller setting I am more inspired to adding weekly roller sets into my regimen. First things first I had to find a method that would work for me and the traditional Mohawk method isn't for me right now and I do know why.

Roller setting is all about rhythm and right now that's something I don't have because I don't do it consistently so that's one thing and also I am trying to concentrate on how my hair is less puffy and frizzy... so that's when I chose to do the ponytail method instead because it's a little quicker to set. The results were OK but But I do know that maybe I need to make smaller sections and also start this earlier in the week instead of Saturdays so I can give my hair time to flatten and also I need more drying time...cause my hair needs to be 100% dry for this to work and just a hour and a half won't cut it cause my hair is thick.... and also I need saran wrap to do the silk wrap and not a plastic cap and a hair net cause that doesn't work for me cause I heard that it needs to be tight around the hair. So I will practice on how to perfect the ponytail method and then maybe I can get a hang of the Mohawk method...I think my hair would respond to this better than air drying just because I heard with the ponytail method, it stretches out your new growth but I normally don't wear my hair down when I stretching between relaxers to avoid unnecessary manipulation at the line of demarcation (where my natural and relaxed hair meet) so I won't get any breakage. So that's my plan to avoid heat is too roller set....this month in March will be magnetic roller and satin pillows rollers. When I get paid at the end of the month I will get the caruso steam rollers and then try the curl formers and  some things called the Beach Wave rollers....so I will have fun with this challenge cause I will learn even more how to do my hair on my own and to be less dependable on others to style my hair.

On another note, I think it's time to change my relaxers because maybe the ORS isn't straightening my hair as it should and leaving it under processed which I don't want so I will be on the lookout for a new relaxer. Maybe not the next one that is scheduled in April but later on. so that's where my focus is as far as my hair so I will be doing this probably until the fall idk....

No comments:

Post a Comment